Tuesday, March 3, 2009

this doesn't make any sense

Dogs scribbling dull essays in green
A flawed blank starving boy
Apathy warming the mind with vast
Predictable notions of shouting your
Name out to the sun and the moon
But neither respond because why

I do not respond at all when asked why
The sky is blue and not green
Or why we cannot reach the moon
Or why I am such a dull boy
Now they ask you why your
Sight is frighteningly vast

A mind as miniscule as it is vast
And asking a question as potent as why
And why you take your
Time to turn all the blue to green
And why you turn from man to boy
Whose face is scarred like the moon

I am a pattern of said moon
Whose craters and depths are vast
But boy oh boy
And answer to my why
Would simply tickle me green
And make all the difference in your

Guilt ridden excuse for you
Empty beliefs in the sun and moon
My pastures are much more green
And my caves are much more vast
And there is no why
And there is no how, not here boy

Once things are established, boy
You can begin on your
Great journey to find out why
A terrible cataclysm tore the moon
Right our of the vast
Sky and why it turned it all green

So when asked why by the boy
I say green and leave it at your
Discretion moon, who are so terribly vast.

No comments:

Post a Comment