Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Earth's Night Light

I watch
Silently as you denizens sleep,
Resting your heavy eyes, and your tired minds;
Dreams dancing around in your small little heads. My
Sister, Solaris, once told me that I am like a giant nightlight
That God put in The sky. I am like a floodlight that waxes and
Wanes slowly overtime, changing shape, size and position; my own
Personal circadian rhythm. Ohh, hello. Yes, I can see you looking up at
Me, a look of pure awe spreading slowly across you pale while face. I ha
ve always dreamed of what it might be like to look up and beholds someone
as handsome as I. To examine my cracks, wrinkles, mountains and valleys,
All of my facial features that I take great pride in. I am better looking than
Solaris, because unlike her, you can look up at me and still use your eyes
Afterwards. I cast light down upon your dark, silent world. But alas,
My job is never-ending, and perpetual. I am to illuminate the
Darkness that temporarily plagues your world. Do I ever get tired
Ed? Well, of course! I mean, I am a person afterall. Ohh
How I long to go to sleep in the morning when Sola-
Ris comes to relieve me. Then I too will
Go to sleep, if only for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment