Thursday, April 9, 2009

hey look snow

Hey Look Snow

Small white flurries…….. SNOW!
They won’t last long you know,
Frigid on skin.
Enduring out there in my shirt,

I look up toward the skies,
And to my surprise
It comes and pelts me in the eyes
It stings at first,
But only a little.

I open my mouth to quench my thirst,
And then that flurry burst,
Just stopped……….
To be continued……but probably not

Two months later, on down the road.
Down I went, a splattered toad
I skimmed the ice
My common sense would not suffice,
I tried to adjust but to no avail.

There I fell,
I went down fast,
And busted my “face.”
My dog ran off, I just stayed.
Nursing my behind, who had seen more gracious days.

Lifting myself up cursing,
The small white flurries of snow.
Reminding myself,
They won’t last long you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment